Monday, August 10, 2009

Done!

Started sewing August 3 - finished quilting this morning:It has some warts, but I'm happy with it! Emma wouldn't feel like her mom had made it if I didn't have a few bone-headed mistakes in it.

I ended up using the walking foot and doing straight-line quilting in the sashing and border and then used a zigzag stitch to stitch over the seams between the t-shirt pieces. (I was afraid the seams would get all bunched up when it was washed.)
I used a grey batik for the back instead of the planned flannel. Made the quilting easier.
Emma and Smudge are breaking it in -
(she doesn't know it's done yet... I put it over her while she was sleeping!)


2 comments:

  1. It looks great Laura! She's going to love it! How long do you have her? She's off to college in the fall isn't she? Both of mine are married, and will sadly be gone by the end of the week. So, I'm in the same boat as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your log cabin T-shirt is the most creative and beautiful I've ever seen. What did your daughter say when she woke up ?

    My daughter is graduating from high school in June and I've given her the mission to purchase any T-shirt associated with her senior year for a T-shirt quilt to be made next summer.

    ReplyDelete