Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hello 2014!

I have to start with a picture. This is the sweater I just sent to my test knitters - I am ridiculously happy with it, although I am re-knitting it to get a better fit in the upper arms. I love love love this yarn - Miss Babs Heartland which I also used for Rhinecliff. So cozy!


Okay, now down to business - what do I want to accomplish this year?

Well, I've wanted to make St. Brigid forever. I finally got the book when it was re-released a couple of years ago. I've known ever since seeing some of the versions on Ravelry that I wanted to make some changes to it - more fitted, some shaping, lighter weight yarn - and after spending a couple of years exploring Barbara Walker's top-down, seamless method with simultaneously knit set-in sleeves, I am going to attempt a mash up of that technique with this pattern. It's going to be about a 9 month project. I have to fit it in around the edges of my design work. This month my goals are to swatch and come up with a plan of attack.

Other goals:
- as always, reduce stash. Really. This time I mean it. :P  I get great yarn support from some of my favorite dyers, I DO NOT NEED TO BUY SO MUCH YARN.
- release at least 1 design a month and at least 24 for the whole year.
- try to rein in my workaholicism a bit. Who knew? I've never had this problem before!
- start doing yoga again - and yes, this is knitting related! Yoga is so good for overworked knitting muscles :)
- walk at least 5 days a week (also knitting related - I have some of my best ideas when I'm walking! Plus it will help with the whole workaholic thing).
- lose 10 pounds (again, knitting related - having to model my own sweaters is great incentive!)

I will try to revisit these goals each month to see how I'm doing. Right now I'm going to go have dinner (low carb!) and a glass of wine :)

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about St Brigid sweater the other day. I have a copy of the original pattern, and the newer book. I've made many cabled sweaters, but this one would be so wonderful. I've loved it for years. I'll have to do some reading up on it to. I have to tell you that this winter has been bearable because of your 'hot tea' cowls. my most favorite cowl patterns!! I hope that you an the family are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sweater in the picture. Maybe one day I could myself one of those. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete