I have to start with a picture. This is the sweater I just sent to my test knitters - I am ridiculously happy with it, although I am re-knitting it to get a better fit in the upper arms. I love love love this yarn - Miss Babs Heartland which I also used for Rhinecliff. So cozy!
Okay, now down to business - what do I want to accomplish this year?
Well, I've wanted to make St. Brigid forever. I finally got the book when it was re-released a couple of years ago. I've known ever since seeing some of the versions on Ravelry that I wanted to make some changes to it - more fitted, some shaping, lighter weight yarn - and after spending a couple of years exploring Barbara Walker's top-down, seamless method with simultaneously knit set-in sleeves, I am going to attempt a mash up of that technique with this pattern. It's going to be about a 9 month project. I have to fit it in around the edges of my design work. This month my goals are to swatch and come up with a plan of attack.
- as always, reduce stash. Really. This time I mean it. :P I get great yarn support from some of my favorite dyers, I DO NOT NEED TO BUY SO MUCH YARN.
- release at least 1 design a month and at least 24 for the whole year.
- try to rein in my workaholicism a bit. Who knew? I've never had this problem before!
- start doing yoga again - and yes, this is knitting related! Yoga is so good for overworked knitting muscles :)
- walk at least 5 days a week (also knitting related - I have some of my best ideas when I'm walking! Plus it will help with the whole workaholic thing).
- lose 10 pounds (again, knitting related - having to model my own sweaters is great incentive!)
I will try to revisit these goals each month to see how I'm doing. Right now I'm going to go have dinner (low carb!) and a glass of wine :)